Thursday, March 11, 2010

After Effects of Surgery

So for those of you who want to know how I've been doing these past three weeks, I'll fill you in.

I was on crutches for the first week, out of work for 2 weeks, and I've been walking for the past 2 weeks wearing my surgical shoe. There's so much more comfort when wearing the shoe rather than trying to walk on my wrapped foot. This is my first week back to work, and besides the fact that I'm slow getting around, I feel fine.

Oh yea, and I learned from my doc that I had an Austin bunionectomy, also refered to as a Chevron bunionectomy.

I had my foot rewrapped the Monday after surgery, which was three days later. I refused to look at it since I'm so sensitive when it comes to looking at open wounds. My boyfriend took me and was in the room mainly because I wanted him to tell me what it looked like and how bad it was. Apparently it wasn't too bad, because he watched the whole time.

I had the stitches taken out 10 days after surgery which was fine, pretty painless but I wasn't able to look at it again. My rep from DynaSplint came to fit me with my foot splints for after the pin is removed. She started talking to me about wearing them after they were fitted and measured and I almost passed out again. Cold cloth on my forehead and laying back in the chair for a few min. and I was good to go.. lol I'm such a sissy, I can't even think about my foot without getting nauseous. I start my spints on Saturday. I wear one for an hour and the other for a half hour. This is to speed up my movement/flexibility of my toe and foot to return back to normal. Some pics from the website below:









Wish me luck getting the pin taken out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment