Monday, March 22, 2010

03/22/10 Update

Walking has been increasingly easy and I'm back to driving with my right foot!! It's about time!!! I'm still wearing the surgical shoe and will be for at least the next couple weeks, but I'm getting around much better than before. The little strips that covered my incision were ready to go since it was getting pretty scabby (sick!) so I took them off on Thursday.

Went to the doctor's on Friday and he pointed out that my toe is healing quite well and the movement is mostly attributed to the DynaSplints YAY! I told him about my blog and he let me take pictures of the before and after (with pin) xrays. Looks great! He also gave me some ointment to heal up the incision wound.

After strips removed:




























1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! You have dealt with your surgery and its effects on your daily life in such a positive manner! You even laughed at yourself a couple of times! I will never forget that day you held onto the towel bar in the bathroom and lost your footing after it ripped out of the wall. I felt so bad for you, but you got through it all amazingly well!

    ReplyDelete